The ideal location to base your cost-effective Livingstone adventure. Located within the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park, three kilometres upstream from Victoria Falls on the banks of the upper Zambezi River and only 4.5 kilometres from Livingstone city centre. Victoria Falls Waterfront provides a range of affordable Livingstone accommodation options and is also the home of Safari Par Excellence, a renowned activity provider since 1998. This is where whitewater rafting, upper river raft float rides, speedboat adventures, river cruises, safaris, elephant interactions, visits to the Elephant Café, and cultural tours start and finish. Not forgetting unmissable guided tours of the mighty Victoria Falls. The on-site booking office team are on hand to assist you in arranging your personalised itinerary for your time in Livingstone, whether it be safari, culture, adventure or relaxation.
All guests can enjoy the use of two sparkling swimming pools, free Wi-Fi covering most of the property, a vibrant riverside bar with happy hour specials every Wednesday and Friday, a riverside restaurant with an unbeatable view of the Zambezi River and Livingstone’s favourite woodfired pizzas at Peppino’s. The deck, bar, and restaurant overlook the spray from Victoria Falls to your left during high water months (typically February to July) and offer the best sunset views over the Zambezi River to your right year-round. When the river is low (July to December), you will likely see elephants crossing over to and from Siloka Island, which is opposite The Victoria Falls Waterfront.
Accommodation options at The Victoria Falls Waterfront to cover all budgets comprise of the following rooms:
• Three Executive Chalets – upper-level units with river views, king-sized beds and an en-suite bath/shower.
• Six River-Facing Chalets – ground-level double or twin rooms with river views and an en-suite shower.
• Twelve Garden-View Chalets – ground-level double or twin rooms with garden views and an en-suite shower.
• Four Family Chalets – ideal for families or travelling with friends, these rooms contain four single beds with garden views and an en-suite bath/shower.
Amenities included in each chalet are air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, mini-fridges, TVs, mosquito nets, tea and coffee-making facilities and electronic safes. A sumptuous breakfast overlooking the Zambezi is included in the rates.
• Sixteen Adventure Village Rooms – double or twin rooms with garden views and an en-suite bathroom with a shower. Amenities included in each room are air-conditioning, Wi-Fi, mini-fridges, gauze windows and doors, tea and coffee-making facilities and electronic safes.
• Twenty Adventure Village Tents – basic dome tents each contain two single beds, bedding, a light and a fan. They are situated in a shaded area of the property, supported by spotless shared ablutions.
Breakfast overlooking the Zambezi is also included in the rates for the adventure rooms and adventure village tents.
• Campsite – with the capacity to accommodate up to 100 people with braai stands, sinks and electrical points with our shady, lush gardens. Two separate ablution blocks.
The Victoria Falls Waterfront is home to two cruise boats, MV Makumbi – the original Livingstone booze cruise! And MV Mambushi – the smaller private/ small group cruise boat. The MV Makumbi sets off for a sunset cruise most evenings, returning with a group of satisfied, upbeat guests after enjoying the spectacular sunset. The cruise includes snacks, drinks, and a light braai served on board.
Escape the everyday and experience the magnificent sights the Victoria Falls Waterfront offers on the banks of Zambia’s mightiest river, the Zambezi, and beyond. The lodge is situated within the Mosi-oa-Tunya National Park on the banks of the upper Zambezi. It is tranquil and secluded while being less than five kilometres from Livingstone’s CBD.
What to Experience
- Mwimbi Fine Art has thus far put through their boot camp style orientation workshops about 100 young artists and 5 group shows in partnership with Chaminuka Lodge.
- Newly developed is a production artist-in-residence (AIR) Program at Chaminuka Lodge, currently hosting 4 artists.
- A total of 9 pop-up exhibitions – 5 solos, 4 group shows – have since been staged by Mwimbi Fine Art over the last 12-18 months.
- Mwimbi Fine Art opened in Hong Kong in 2009 and has two newly opened spaces in Lusaka. one in Kabulonga and the other at Chaminuka Lodge.
- The gallery forges cross-cultural ties between Africa and Asia and within the Zambian and African art communities.
- The first exhibition at Mwimbi Fine Art’s recently opened Kabulonga location was by renowned Zambian artist Geoffrey Phiri.
- The Kabulonga location is open between 08:00-17:30hrs from Monday to Friday and by appointment on Saturday and Sunday between 08:00-17hrs.
Booking and Contact Details
+260 973 403270
+260 213 320601
Proflight operates regular flights into Livingstone. Visit www.flyzambia.com for the latest flight schedule.
Images by Kalichi Pictures